Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Part 11: Retirement Investment Strategy

In this 11 part series on retirement, we covered why you should start putting away money for retirement. In this series we looked at how to figure out what you have now. We talked about how to go about figuring out what you need to retire.  I told you how to go about starting your retirement account as well as what type of securities to use. Last, we looked at the type of expenses you may have to plan for in the future. 

Here are some resources that you may want to use in your own personal research;

U.S. Department of Labor
Employee Benefits Security Administration
200 Constitution Ave.,
N.W. Washington, DC 20210
Web site: www.dol.gov/ebsa

Retirement Savings Calculators:

cgi.money.cnn.com/tools

Retirement Planning and General Retirement Issues:

They will send you copies of free booklets by calling 1-866-444-3272

The social Security Administration Web site has online resources to help calculate your retirement benefits and learn about survivor benefits and Medicare. 


AARP offers a wealth of information including a fact sheet on reverse mortgages and a section on “Money and Work.”  You can order; “Money Matters: Your Guide to Financial Security.”  1-888-687-2277


This is for people who may have worked for a company with a traditional defined benefit (DB) pension.  The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation can assist in locating any money still in your account.  Two books may be useful:

“Your Guaranteed Pension”
“Finding a Lost Pension”
1-800-400-7242

My Opinion About a Retirement Investment Strategy

Your investment strategy depends on what you feel comfortable with. I feel comfortable investing in Junk Bonds with what they call a “Buy and Hold” Strategy. I buy the bonds and hold them in my account until they mature. As the interest given to me builds up, I look for more bonds to buy and I buy more bonds as the money in my account reaches the amount where I can buy more bonds.  Every year, I can give my account new funds to invest in Junk Bonds.  I suggest this to people 24 years old and over.

If just starting a retirement account, you may want to start out in a new account with Zero Coupon bonds that mature in less than 6 years that give a high return. 

If you like common stock and you are in your twenties or thirties; I would suggest that you buy stock that gives high dividends. When the dividends accumulate in your account and reach the level of another purchase, buy more securities that give a high yield. 

For any age and if you can find them, buy convertible bonds as well as Convertible Junk Bonds. That way you can get an added boost in your account when the stock of that company appreciates.  

These are the strategies that I suggest for people who want money for retirement.

With these “Buy and Hold” strategies, you will be able to accumulate money for retirement quickly and relatively safely. The earlier you start the better off you will be in your 60s. Chances are your parents will not be able to help you when you reach retirement. The government is already trying to get out of helping you. You will be lucky if they are still giving you current Social Security benefits when you are ready to use them. Your company or government employer may also pull their resources away from helping their retirees. Your children will have their hands full with a job, raising a family, and keeping a place to live. They may not be in a position to help you.

It is going to be up to you to take care of yourself!     


The difference between rich people and poor people is the fact that rich people plan for as many as 25 years into the future. They work their plan. The poor plan for the next day and only work their mouth. The poor believe that they are doing something by worrying about it instead of creating a plan then working their plan. 

The poor believe that Social Security, their 401K program at work, or their company pension program is going to keep them going after retirement. They never tried to figure out how much money they will need when they retire. When they do retire, that is when they find out that they are not getting enough income. So they blame God, society, and worry.  That is why you find many people making a lot of money over the years and have nothing to show for it when they reach age 65.

Since January 2009, I have shown you how to create a portfolio inside and outside your IRA. I have shown you how to save and invest. I have done it right before your own eyes. So you have no good reason why you cannot do the same thing.

Many people in the past 35 years have said that all I talk about is theories and "pie in the sky." Since January 30, 2009, my IRA portfolio (no other investments) has increased 224.7% ending on August 22, 2012. That is 8.32% per month. At this point, I can withdraw $906.32 per month without touching my original investment. Keep in mind, I am not finished with adding funds to my IRA investment yet. When I do, I will be able to withdraw more money a month without touching my original investment funds. I will have a check larger than my monthly Social Security check. I will take that "pie in the sky" any day of the week.  

A Special Note for all my reader’s around the world!  


Hi my loyal readers around the world. I just finished making my final plans of my life. I will be retiring in a few short years and moving into my luxury retirement home. I will spend most of my time getting my seven year old grandson ready for the 2028 Olympics. I have no idea what my younger grandson is going to do. As of now, I would say it has something to do with electrical engineering because at 1 years old, he knew how to operate an IPad. But whatever it is, I will be around to lend assistance to his education.


My plans also involves my readers. I am starting an online stock club design to give my loyal readers as much as one million dollars, maybe more depending on when you start my plans. That money will be to remember me by.


Please read the blog below and follow my instructions if you want a chance to get one million dollars.


http://bondinvestments.blogspot.com/2012/06/how-would-you-like-to-have-over-one.html

The younger you are; 35 and below, the greater the chance of getting over one million dollars. If you are starting at 60 years old, chances are you will only make it to $100,000.



I started out at age 23 and spent a lot of time laid off and giving money away to my children for cars. I bought 3 homes. One home was paid off in full. The other I bought in a partnership paid in cash. All my cars since 1971 were the current year and I have not had a car note since 1983. I even gave two girlfriends a car each. That is why I don’t have a million dollars today. But if you become one of my “Greedy Friends” I am sure with my instructions, you can get that million.
     

No comments: