Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Obama care; for you or not?

This is Obama at the forum in Harrisburg in 2008. 
I was 5 feet away from him when I took this picture.


I was relaxing on my couch when an ad came over my radio. The man said if Ronald 
Reagan was President today, he would do away with Obama care. People just love 
to tell others what dead people will do to support their position. What is your 
position on Obama care? Do you have one? Well, I am going to give you my 
position.
  
I can care less about politicians. Yes, I think Obama and Reagan are nice men 
but politicians are all nice people. At least that is what they want you to 
believe. I focus on what these people are selling. Yes, they are selling you 
something in return for your vote. Obama at the beginning of his first term was 
selling Obama care. It is up to me to figure out if I need Obama care now or any 
time in the future.
 
Obama care is health insurance that protects you and your family against 
catastrophic loss.  When I was 21 years old, I had no health problems. For some 
reason, that is the way I thought my health would be the rest of my life. I did 
not want health care if I had to pay for it. I did not want my employer taking 
money and giving it to FICA. I never met FICA and did not know who FICA was.
 
But as I got older, I watched as my father’s health deteriorated. He died of 
cancer at age 57. I watched my mother develop a brain tumor then cancer. They 
were lucky. In the 1950s, 1960, and 1970s, most employers were happy to give 
employees and their family’s health insurance programs. But today, you find many 
people without health insurance. If my parents did not have health insurance, 
their medical bills would have wiped them out financially. My younger brother 
would be in serious trouble as the courts would have sold the family home out 
from under him. In the past 30 years, many people have recovered from life 
threatening illnesses, just to have to file for bankruptcy. With no job and no 
money they go into poverty. Some start living out of their car or under a 
bridge.

Do you know that health care will be your biggest expense when you get over 65 years old? People are lucky to have $250,000 saved up once they retire. That is not enough to live on let alone if you have some catastrophic illness that takes all your money. 
 
 
This is what Obama care is design to do, protect families against catastrophic 
loss in a family. Yes, you will have to pay on the front end of your life just 
like you do with car, accident, and life insurance; to make it easier on your 
family on the back end of your life or at your death.   Below is a link to 
“Facts on the Obama Health Care Plan. Double click it and read it.
 
 http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-facts.php
 
Obama Care Facts: Facts on the Obama Health Care Plan
 
Obama Care starts in October 2013.

No comments: